Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life...interrupted

Busy week with my mom here from out of town. Schedule was not the norm, nor was eating -- but I still tried to make mostly healthy choices. We went to lunch the 1st day--I choose a "Woo Food" option that I knew was a bit healthier than the norm, and added extra broccoli. I'm getting quite good at asking for what I want, even when dining companions think I'm being picky or overly complicated. (I've realized a few things about our culture along the way-- but that's another post).
Ordered toppings on the side at Outback a few days later vi did get a baked potato but skipped the sour cream and had everything else on the side so I could choose how much I wanted to eat. I still had a great treat with that potato but only a few sprinkles of cheese and no bacon or sour cream. Extra side of broccoli was also great - topped with a splash of lemon. Yum!
So- consumption of not-always-healthy food was up and trips to the gym were down. BUT I did get there once and walked a few days when I could. I pulled out the scale mid-week and wasn't thrilled but also realistic considering the week we had.
SO- today's weekly number was a pleasant surprise. 8.5 gone in 6 weeks. I'm not looking forward to the impending snow this weekend, but I am excited that my son can try out his new sled and have already mentioned to him the possibility of going to try snowshoeing on Sunday.he asked about it 2 yrs ago but it was icy by then, and last year there just wasn't the snow to do it. So I'm determined to at least try this month and hope we can figure it out together! The Audubons near us have snowshoes for only $2-$5 and we're members so why not. I also think it might be fun for our son to see mom trying something new and enjoying the outdoors (even if I freeze doing it! I need warmer boots and snow pants--which are impossible to find for someone who is above a size 14 or so-- well above-- and short! )
On to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment