Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Small Steps

Quick post - because I'm trying to stay accountable rather than 'say everything' that I'm thinking.

Today was a good day. Beautiful sunshine and dry pavement- after I saw the bus off, I walked to the end of my street, then back past our house and to the other end. It wasn't very long but it was a step in the right direction and reminded me of how much I love the solitude of a calm and quiet walk with nature. I need to find a way to get hiking/walking boots- I thought I had a good pair this summer but my podiatrist vetoed them. LOL. To say I have tricky feet is an understatement. I will probably need to get a men's pair to fit my feet and pay $$$ but one thing at a time I guess. They have to be comfortable without costing a fortune.

In any case-- I enjoyed the walk on a mild winter day. Came home, ate breakfast and instead of turning on the TV I turned on the WII. According to the game, I 'biked' nearly 2 miles then did a few other activities. It's a start...

on my way home, I stopped at the gym a-- and joined. I'm hoping to get back tomorrow for the full tour and maybe a walk.

Dinner didn't really happen since I fed mt son and got him to bed- then promptly fell asleep! I need to get back to freezer cooking or make ahead meals (suggestions always welcome)

In case I forget, i need to write about the coffee comparison

Thank you all for reading, taking time to comment here & elsewhere. I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment