Monday, January 14, 2013

Scale or no scale...

I have a dilemma. I think I need to ignore the scale for a while. I know this is part of how I got back to where I am but today when I saw the number - even though it went down- it did not feel good. It took the happy I've been feeling and squashed it just a bit. I know that doesn't really make sense but I think maybe it is because it was another reminder of how much further I need to go and how crappy it feels to know I am losing this particular 25-30 pounds again.

I've been feeling good. I haven't been sending my food logs but I am eating better and writing it down. I'm not getting too upset if things aren't "perfect" - I'm ok if I'm refocusing in one area and only working through some of the rest for now. I'm content and happy.

I've gone to the gym 4 times this week and worked out 3 of them. I went when I didn't have time to stay very long; when it was raining and foggy and a perfect day to go home instead after work; when i had to drive across town on a sunday afternoon; when I was tired; when others questioned and asked me to come home. All easy excuses-- but I went anyway, and even texted my husband that it was fun! Yep-- Me. Exercise. Fun!
I feel invigorated. Happy. Loving this.

No comments:

Post a Comment