Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A little help from my friends...

Off to a good start today - thanks ro a friend who read my blog and sent an encouraging message. It was just what I needed to stick to my commitment to do something active everyday. We slept in unintentionally and were tired, but I put on my workout clothes to take my son to school. I didn't just bring the bag with the clothes in it -- I put them on. Huge step in focusing my energy in the right direction. Grabbed a cereal bar (not ideal but we were late and I remembered all the times sherry (& Jenny) reminded us of why working out before eating is not a good thing. . . Dropped off son - tearful today and staying at school late. I could have gone home and done something unhealthy but the gym was right there and I was prepared. Treadmills were open since it is school vacation week. I set it for 30 min but ended up doing 45, though not at the rate I did a few months ago. I'm slowly working my way back into being more active so have to pace myself (again). I just typed that with "exercise" and erased it. LOL. I'm living a more active lifestyle which can include so much more than traditional exercise activity. Even when I was on the treadmill today, it didn't feel like something I had to do but something I wanted to do. I have the stuffy nose that is the start of a cold- but I did it anyways.

It felt good to start my day like that instead of feeling guilty all day because there was no time to fit it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment