Thursday, March 29, 2012

finally a 5K?

i didn't get here yesterday. it has been a crazy week, and - honestly- i've been a bit down lately. everything has been rushed and my husband has been working a lot, i've been exhausted, not sleeping well, etc. So, i've been behind on a few things.

I'll have some time this weekend to catch up, but 2 updates today:

* my company is sponsoring a 5K in the fall with a walking division! i've had a mini-goal of walking a 5K at least on the treadmill several times. Something has always come up - injury, illness, vacation, other life stress...so, i'm hoping to make this a concrete goal and actually do it. I read a training guide to walking a 5K but can't find the bookmark now (feel free to share your favorites). I know there are several runners here, but i have fibromyalgia so the more gentle walking is better for me. I've gotten a little over 2K in 25 min before i was derailed the last time, so i know i have a ways to go. One of the sites i read suggested starting with 15 min of walking 3 days, day off, then repeat; adding more time each week. That seems manageable from a physiological perspective, though my biggest hurdle is carving out that time each day. i think it will be a great goal to work towards and help me become more consistent with my exercise for a while...wish me luck!

* they are also doing a WL challenge at work this month. I'm not sure how i'll do, but thought it couldn't hurt. i've already noticed that i'm logging more but still only 50% of my meals logged this week so far. i think i do better when i have someone or something to keep me accountable though. Need to find a way to do that when the challenge is over.

* and, after a couple of months of clothes feeling a little too snug (and one NEW pair of pants ripping across my hip - where i thought i would never see it again), i was pleasantly surprised that my pants felt looser this morning. YES! hopefully moving in the right direction.

i'm off to my day job but hope some of my readers (i know you're out there) will leave a comment to say hello. let me know if you want to know about anything specific or have tips to pass along.

No comments:

Post a Comment